Visit our Trip Planner
- Search for “Lakefield” on our Trip Planner and you’ll get plenty of options and ideas to connect your adventures along the Trent Severn Waterway.
- For assistance planning your trip, reach out to the trained travel counsellors at Peterborough & The Kawarthas Tourism. Click here for contact info.
Where to Stay
- When on the Trent Severn, stay on the Trent Severn. Rent a houseboat and live life on the waterway! Find your way to the three houseboat rental options here.
- The Village Inn is charming & convenient, right downtown.
- The Lakefield Park & Campground is located on a peninsula, offering a perfect combination of shady forest and sunny waterfront views. The sandy beach and playground are perfect for summertime fun, a top destination for local families as well as travelers!
- Get off the grid with a multi-day guided canoe trip with The Land Canadian Adventures
- Lakefield is located right on the Trent Severn Waterway, so there are plenty of fun ways to get around town!
- Want to get on the water? Rent at Adventure Outfitters and get out on the Trent Severn Waterway!
- The Lakefield Marina puts your boat right at the heart of the community, so that’s definitely a convenient docking spot!
- Lock 26 is at the south end of town and is one of the few manual locks that preserve the Trent-Severn Waterway as it originally functioned.
- Discover beautiful riverside hiking, biking, and picnicking options along the shores of the Otonabee River. For the more adventurous cyclist, consider a round-trip to Peterborough along the riverside trails and backroads: click here for ideas, links to local cycling clubs, and more!
Where to Stay
Must-see & Must-do
- Perfect sunset views are available from the Lakefield Marina, Isabel Morris Park, and the Lakefield Trail. Prepare a picnic & settle in for a natural evening show.
- Fishing is excellent on Lake Katchewanooka, with numerous stories (and facts) of record-breaking muskie, bass, perch, and more.
Savour the Seasons
- Get your fresh, local food & treats at the Lakefield Farmers’ Market. It’s open Thursdays from 9am-1pm from late May through to early October.
- McLean’s Berry Farm and the Buckhorn Berry Farm are nearby with great local produce, treats, and seasonal family fun ranging from berry picking to Pumpkinfest! Check their websites for hours & dates for “pick-your-own” events.
Eats & Treats
- For a great lunch or dinner, check out the Canoe and Paddle. Don’t forget the Stuff’d Ice Cream, Bakery and Café (a Butter Tart Tour destination) is right next door!
- The Nutty Bean Café is a great place to pick up a butter tart and a sandwich for your picnic. They are one of the over 50 stops on the Butter Tart Tour.
- The Cassis Bistro is your cozy French dining experience in small-town Ontario, and a great option for take-out salads. (Picnic anyone?)