Visit our Trip Planner
Search for “Bobcaygeon” on our Trip Planner and you’ll get plenty of options and ideas to connect your adventures along the Trent Severn Waterway. If you want some help planning your trip, get in touch with the local Kawartha Lakes tourism experts by clicking here.
Where to Stay
- Kawartha Lakes is the Houseboat Capital of Ontario, and Bobcaygeon hosts two of the three houseboat rental options in the region!
- You’ll be spoiled for choice with accommodations in and around Bobcaygeon. Use our trip planner to find your favourite hotels, B&B’s, or camping options.
- Don’t forget to check out camping and cottage rentals in the nearby towns of Dunsford and Downeyville on Sturgeon Lake.
- Bobcaygeon is located on three islands in the Trent Severn Waterway. Canoe, kayak or power-boat your way in and around this charming town.
- Lock 32 was the first lock to be constructed in the Trent Severn Waterway. There is a Bike Share Station located right at Lock 32. Just download the app to your smartphone, use the free wifi at the lock, and you’re ready to explore town by both boat and bike!
Must-see & Must-do
- No trip to Bobcaygeon is complete without a visit to the renowned Bigley Shoe & Clothing store. It’s a thing, trust us!
- Kawartha Settlers Village and the Boyd Heritage Museum will take you back in time to see what life was like for local pioneers.
- Get your performances arts fix with a short drive out to Globus Theatre at the Lakeview Arts Barn.
- The 6000 square foot Bobcaygeon Marketplace offers a wide selections of antiques, collectables, and vintage items.
Fishing is excellent in and around Bobcaygeon, with several resorts and inns that also offer fishing guides. Check out our Fishing Boat Launch & Shore Locations on Sturgeon Lake.
Savour the Seasons
- Get your fresh, local food & treats at the Bobaygeon Farmers’ Market. It’s open Saturdays from 8am-1pm from late May through to early October.
- Bobcaygeon is a happening little town with plenty of seasonal festivals, concerts, and celebrations. Check out the events listing at visitbobcaygeon.com for up to date info.
Free “Concerts in the Park” at Lock 32 every Thursday evening in July & August!
Eats & Treats
- The locals all crave it, but visitors often miss it: the Grilled Cheese Hideaway is your perfect local lunch experience.
- Just for the Halibut – get dinner there.
- Find your picnic needs satisfied at the Bobcaygeon Bakery and Kawartha Coffee Co!
- Make a sweet stop at the headquarters of Kawartha Dairy Ice Cream!