Kawarthas Northumberland Butter Tart Tour
Make next weekend your most scrumptious trip ever with a culinary adventure along the Kawarthas Northumberland Butter Tart Tour.
Firm or runny, plain or with raisins, no matter how you prefer them, the Kawarthas Northumberland Butter Tart Tour is fresh from the oven and ready to explore with over 30 bakery stops and some of Ontario’s best butter tarts, including specialty tarts like maple bacon … yum!
Butter tarts have recently been named a quintessential Ontario cuisine and a visit to Kawarthas Northumberland offers you the best chance to enjoy this tasty treat in one of the most Canadiana of settings. So, come to the land of 1000 perfect butter tarts and then start touring to your tart’s content.
Sweet trip options
Ste. Anne’s Spa in Grafton is a stop on the Tour and a luxurious option to anchor your butter tart adventure. In fact, they have a special overnight offer just for butter tart fans!
1 night, all-inclusive stay for two tart lovers:
• Standard 4-diamond CAA accommodation
• $120 spa and wellness allowance
• Breakfast, 3-course lunch, afternoon tea and 4-course dinner
• Private bakery tour and demonstration
• Bakery basket, including St. Anne’s famous, gluten-free butter tarts
• Full use of the facilities including hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, outdoor pool (seasonal), hydrotherapy grotto, fitness centre and hiking trails
$598 per couple plus HST Sunday to Thursday. Weekends are $200 extra per couple and a 2-night minimum applies. Please call 1-866-346-6772 to reserve.
Peterborough is the gateway to the many shining lakes of the Kawarthas and the location of seven Tour bakeries. It’s also home to the very fun Canadian Canoe Museum, which houses the world’s largest collection of canoes and kayaks. Here is a list of some of the many hotels and inns available for your overnight.
Port Hope is also an ideal base for butter tart touring. Not only does this town along Lake Ontario boast the recent winner in our Butter Tart Taste-off (Betty’s Pies & Tarts), but the historic downtown also offers a shopper’s paradise along one of Ontario’s prettiest main streets and nightly performances at the majestic Capitol Theatre. Hotel, dinner and show packages are available from the Carlyle Inn and Bistro.
Fenelon Falls offers the chance to have a blast of Canadian winter fun with an afternoon of snowmobiling on a wooded trail or frozen lake. Book your sled at Fenelon Falls Marina after stocking up on butter tarts from the two bakeries in town. Try the Royal Resort for a regal overnight stay.
- Butter Tarts ‘n More - Map
- Zehr Farm Fresh Produce and Bakery (Seasonal) - Map
- Quaker Oaks Farm - Map
- Bobcaygeon Bread Company (Seasonal) - Map
- Harmony Farm - Map
- Country Mart - Map
- Black Honey Desserts - Map
- Cravings Bakery - Map
- East City Bakery - Map
- Electric City Bakery - Map
- Enticing Cakes - Map
- The Shed Bakery - Map
- Whistle Stop Café - Map
- Panda Sweets and Treats - Map
- Cara Mia Bakery - Map
- Ste. Anne’s Spa Bakery - Map
- Betty’s Pies & Tarts - Map
- Doo Doos - Map
- Pastry Peddler - Map